Here are some ways we can assist you if you want to get involved in our community.  

  • Running for Elected Office
  • Applying for Appointment to a Town Board or Commission
  • Registering to Vote
  • Obtain an Absentee Ballot
  • Volunteer to assist the Republican Town Committee
  • Financially Support the Republican Town Committee

Running for Elected Office

We begin recruiting candidates for local office in January of the municipal election year.  This process typically continues up to the Caucus, which is held in July.  Candidates should plan on attending at least one RTC meeting to introduce themselves and to request the endorsement of the Town Committee.

Municipal Offices

Municipal elections are held in odd-numbered years for positions on the following Boards and Commissions: 

Board or Commission NameLength of Term
Town CouncilFour Year Term
Board of EducationFour Year Term
Planning & Zoning CommissionFour Year Term
Board of Assessment AppealsFour Year Term
Zoning Board of AppealsFour Year Term
Board of Police CommissionsFour Year Term

Applying for Appointment to Office

Individuals can apply to serve on any Board, Commission, or Committee that is not determined by election.  To do so you may apply online at the town website at this link

The RTC Chairman will be made aware of your application and may reach out to talk to you in preparation of endorsing you before the Town Council.  You will be expected to attend a Town Council meeting where the council will vote to appoint you to the position.  

Registering to Vote or Change Your Party Affiliation

You can register to vote or change your party affiliation at this link



Comments are closed.

Close Search Window